He was meant to fly.


I was walking between the HYPR building, on my way to the Education building at Utah State University, when my right pocket started vibrating. Taylor and I had been engaged for 2 months so when I saw him calling - smile. I knew Taylor had been wondering what to change his major to since he decided he didn't really want to be a teacher. It was then, on the phone, he wanted to get my thoughts. I had no idea he was thinking of becoming a pilot and we didn't really think it was an option because of how expensive the program is. He explained how he talked with the advisor about his Air Force military benefits and how he would be able to get school paid for if he enrolled in aviation. He was calling to see how I felt about him being a pilot.
This moment is something I have returned to a million times, and it is one that brings so much peace into my life. We had been praying for him to know what to study and to later do with his career. I have to say that up until that moment, Heaven was pretty quiet. And then, just like that, everything felt so right. I knew there were a lot of questions I had and a lot of things that could potentially not be so great about being the wife of a pilot, but standing there on the campus of USU, Taylor asking me what I thought, I knew it was perfect!
Since then, things have fallen into place. Come to find out, Taylor is an amazing pilot - Professional, reasonable, confident yet cautions, smart (I always knew that one), and a lover of weather. It's like he was born for this. Of course there are some things I am nervous about but more than that, I am beyond excited. I love seeing my Taylor soar!
So what is this blog? This is a place where I hope to share my thoughts and things I have learned about living the life of a pilots wife. I have loved reading others blogs and it has helped me so much to know what to prepare for and I am doing this so I too can help someone who is married to a pilot. So... here we go, ready for take off.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"So What Is It Like?"

We're excited to say a little present is on its way!