A Little Taste of the Pilots Wife Life

I'll start out by telling you that yes, Taylor passed his stage 3 of commercial piloting license. Was it easy getting there, no! Let me tell you why.


Summer passed by as fast as a sun rises and then a sun set, like it always does. Before we knew it, Taylor was expected to get 40 hours of flying in a month which was more than he was use to because he is a full time student and part time employee at Pepperidge Farm. If he wanted to stay on track for graduation, he had to do it. After talking to his employer, and negotiating with his flight instructor, they designed a schedule and made a plan for him to accomplish these daunting 40 hours. Of course at the end of the 40 hours is a flying test and that flying test took place on the same day as the "Add or Drop" date at the university to take the class he needed to take. It was stressful to say the least.
During this time, I got a little taste of the pilots wife life. Pretty much I saw Taylor very little. This was especially difficult because right before these 40 hours, Taylor and I had our 1 year anniversary to Disneyland where we saw each other non stop and had a BLAST!


I missed him. A lot. I made dinner for the both of us, but between my student teaching at Green Canyon High School and his flying, school, and work, we were lucky to see each other for an hour at night. Which still was not much because he would be doing homework and I would be grading. It was tough. One night we were upset with each other that we weren't spending enough time with each other. Ironically it was one of the nights where we could actually spend time together and we argued that we were not spending enough time together. The night ended with us kissing in bed, saying sorry, and how we miss each other. I was thankful we argued over the fact that we miss each other. You know there's a problem when you don't miss each other. 
It wasn't like I grew to not miss him, I understood better the time that we were going to have was going to be more quality vs. quantity. 
Like I said, he passed, and all was right in the world again when he could start up the regular hours. I was so proud of him those 40 hours - working so hard to accomplish something he had set his mind and heart on. It made me thankful for a husband that is determined to live out OUR dreams.
Yesterday was Taylor's birthday, he turned 26. I was thinking a lot about him today and had to write. I  love you Taylor. Happy birthday my love.























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"So What Is It Like?"

We're excited to say a little present is on its way!