We're excited to say a little present is on its way!

I was watching "Bones" one of mine and Taylors favorite TV shows. I had only gotten 2 negative pregnancy tests but couldn't help but let it bother me as I watched the main character "Temperance" give birth to her first baby on "Bones". I had tears streaming down my face and wanted so badly to have a baby. I stubbornly decided to take another pregnancy test.
Background - Why was I so disappointed with 2 negative pregnancy tests even though we had only been trying 2 months? In 2016 I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis and was ignorantly put on a medication which would make it so having a baby in the next 6 years would be a very bad thing. The Dr who put me on that horrible medication was just the in-between Dr until I could meet with an actual rheumatologist. When I met with my goddess rheumatologist, Kristina Woosley NP, she was horrified that I was only 25 and on that medication! Even though I was only on that medication for 10 days, it was going to be in my system for a while. She put me on new medication which didn't sound better (Methotrexate) it is a type of chemotherapy that some cancer patients use but it is extremely helpful for RA patients. 
Along the next 2 years I fell in love and married Taylor. It didn't really bother me that I was delayed from having kids because for a while, it was way off. But when I married Taylor babies became more of a want. I was at my rheumatologist check up, which I have every 3 months, when I asked if I could  just check again if it was still in my system (we had been checking every 6 months). Long story which I am trying to make shorter... Taylor and I were in the clear. Now we just needed to wait 3 months to get the methotrexate out of my system. August was the special month, not only because it was our 1 year anniversary, but because it was the month we could officially start trying to have a baby. 
Back to me watching "Bones"... I take the test and watch the negative line quickly appear but grow in excitement as I watch the positive line become more apparent. Before I know it, my tears of wanting turned to tears of excited unbelief and hope that my eyes really were seeing what I was seeing. After I was a bit more sure of my new wonderful diagnosis, I headed right over to Pepperidge Farms to tell Taylor. As both of us cried tears of hope and excitement, we hugged, kissed, and held each others faces. That look he gave me was the look he gave me on our wedding day - hope and excitement for our future. I don't think I have ever been more in love with him.
The excitement quickly turned to vomit and fatigue which would follow me for the next 4 months. It was hard to be positive about being pregnant when I was so sick. Now that we are 18 weeks pregnant I am able to keep most food down and look more forward to becoming a mother. I have to say, more than my excitement to become a mother, is my excitement to watch the love of my life, be a father.  



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"So What Is It Like?"